West Hartford Pet Sitters LLC Policies and Procedures
- RESERVATIONS – It is best to book in advance to ensure the booking you desire. Peak times are holidays and the summer months. An in-home consultation is required before any service can be granted. West Hartford Pet Sitters ask that you confirm reservations three days prior to service.
- LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS – A $15.00 surcharge will apply.
- CANCELLATIONS – 48 hour notice is required for non-peak times; 2 weeks is required for peak times. If cancelling less than 3 days prior to scheduled departure, West Hartford Pet Sitters retains the full amount of the deposit. For overnight service, we ask for a 50% nonrefundable deposit at the time of booking. Since this is an exclusive service and we decline other reservations that coincide with yours, West Hartford Pet Sitters upholds this policy.
- The 1st consultation is complementary. If you cancel the consultation with less than 24 hr. notice, the rescheduled consultation will be $20.
- PLEASE READ BELOW. THIS IS ON LEASHTIME AS WELL AS THE PAPERWORK YOU SIGN WHEN YOU BECOME A CLIENT.
- Middays – If you cancel 24 hours before your reservation, we will accept your cancellation. If you cancel less than 24 hours, you will be charged for the visits, as we will not be able to rebook your time slot. If you booked a vacation sit and come home early, no refunds are given for early returns.
- Vacation Visits – Pet sitters are happy to provide clients with one email/text update per day.
- February School and Spring Break/Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years need to be paid 100% up front for the services. Your checks can be posted dated for November 13 (Thanksgiving), December 10 (Christmas), and December 16 (New Years). If you must cancel, you have 15 days to do so before the holidays without penalty. After that, your deposit is non refundable. No exceptions.
- EMERGENCY (pet owner) – If you need to be out of town for longer than expected, we require a phone call to confirm unscheduled visits. We are very accommodating with extensions; however, to avoid the possibility of a missed message, West Hartford Pet Sitters do not accept text messages, emails or other non-confirmed voice messages, which could result in interrupted pet care.
- FEES/PAYMENT – 100% deposit is required at the time of service. A $30 fee will apply to all returned checks.
- RATES – Please call. Our minimum rate is $20/visit and time 1/2 for holidays and surrounding days. We reserve the right to bill in advance (up to 1 week) for services totaling less than $20.
- EXTENDED SERVICE – If weather or extended service is needed, West Hartford Pet Sitters require direct confirmation. This is required to avoid the possibility of missed messages, which could result in interrupted care of pets. Clients are expected to make arrangements to have snow plowed to ensure we can park in driveways and pets can walk on walkways without risk of injury to pet(s) or the petsitter(s).
- MISCELLANEOUS – The length of the dog walk may be shorter due to inclement weather (ice, thunder, heavy rain, high humidity or dangerous street conditions or your sitter has determined it is in your dog’s best interest.) For these conditions, dogs will be let out for a potty break.
- SNOW REMOVAL – The Client is responsible for making arrangements for snow removal. Visits may not be made in snow and/or ice covered driveways and/or walkways because of safety reasons.
- LEASHES/ELECTRONIC FENCES/BACKYARDS – All dogs are required to be walked on a leash. All dogs with electronic fences are required to wear their collars and for the units to be working. West Hartford Pet Sitters cannot be held responsible if a dog gets outside their fenced perimeter.
- SHARED PET VISITS – Due to our insurance policy and other factors, West Hartford Pet Sitters can’t not accept any shared pet sitting services with friends, family or neighbors.
- EVERY OTHER DAY PET SITTING – We do not accept this type of scheduling. All service must be scheduled for at least 1x/day, in consecutive days, from your departure and arrival dates. This way if your pet gets stuck, becomes ill, or you’re heating/air system breaks, West Hartford Pet Sitters can come to your pets recue in time.
- KEYS – A $15 fee will apply to all keys that are mailed back. No dropoffs or pickups acceptable.
Member of National Association of Professional Pet Sitters – We uphold the quality standards for excellent in petsitting.