Here are some common questions about petsitting, dogwalking and Pricing.
How much does pet sitting in West Hartford and the surrounding towns cost?
It depends on you and your pets needs. We customize every visit. Typically, the way we determine pet sitting services cost follow:
- How many pets are in your home? The numbers of pets and types of services or needs they require factor into the total cost of pet sitting.
- Time. Do the sitters have to walk 3 dogs separately and then give one of your cats and insulin shot? This will take more time.
Do you want to know what our prices are? We would love to tell you. To help us pin point them, please call us (they range from $18 to $180 a day). Our service list below outlines general costs, but exact prices cannot be guaranteed until after we have met and reviewed you and your pets specific needs
Consultations – (Meet & Greet) – The charge to begin securing staff, planning schedules, completing internal paperwork and often turn down other potential clientele for reserved spots and then assign a sitter to meet with you, your pets and pick up keys is $25.
Vacation sits – $22/visit (up to 3 cats or 2 dogs; for additional pets, please call for rates) – discount for puppy program (4 or more visits/day). There is a 3 visit minimum for dogs.
- $25 for more than 2 dogs or 3 cats
Midday dog walks – in West Hartford, Avon, Simsbury Farmington, Canton, Bloomfield and Newington)
- start at $20/visit (this is the rate for 5 days/week sits for 1-2 dogs; for sporadic days or multiple pets, please call the office, typically, 3 visits or more for middays is $22/visit; 1 or 2 middays/week is $25/visit)
Bookings of 5 vacation visits or under are $25/visit.
Puppies – $18 per visit for 2x’s/day, 5 days/wk; $20 per visit for 1x/day, 5 days a week (we do multiple, time-specific visits for puppies who are being crate trained)
Pet Taxi – to groomer/daycare – $35 one way (+ additional mileage outside 3 miles); taxi for wedding starts at $100.
Overnight visits (from 10pm – 6 am) Include walks and feeding – $100 (up to 2 dogs) This is a very popular service and books quickly. We recommend making plans up to a year in advance to secure the pet care professional’s availability.
Dog Training/Behaviorist – We will help you with basic dog training and work with you and a trainer (hired) on any positive reinforcement techniques or problem behaviors. We can recommend a trainer/behaviorist for specific issues and will work them to ensure the training methods are duplicated by our team. We recommend you consult with a certified applied animal behaviorist if your pet is experiencing troubled behavior (after you’ve ruled out any medical issue with your vet).
Holidays: We charge a surcharge of $10 for all holiday visits (Columbus Day, Memorial Day (and weekend) Labor Day (and weekend) Thanksgiving Day (and weekend) Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter and Easter weekend, July 4th (and weekend) and Labor Day.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours, you will be charged for the visits, as well as if you’ve booked a vacation sit, and come home early, no refunds are given for early returns. We have reserved your space and declined others and have to pay our staff.
- Vacation sitting- 10 days advance notice to be refunded 100%.
- EVERY MAJOR HOLIDAY NEEDS TO BE PREPAID 100% up front. (These include Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) If you decide to cancel you will be charged the full amount for the reservation. Please call for list of holidays.
- OVERNIGHTS-must be cancelled a month in advance; they are non-refundable during holidays and peak times (summer, early fall).
Still Have Questions? Check out our FAQ.
*Rates are subject to change. At this time, we only accept credit cards for payment.