The, oh so embarrassing, uncomfortable, dreaded, I wouldn’t be caught dead
in my neighborhood wearing
the cone of shame.
Those hard to wear and even harder to look at ridged, pesky cone collars aren’t the only option in pet health. If you have to protect your pooch from itching or scratching irritated areas, here are six different options so you don’t have to go dunce!
- Inflatable collars; soft, lightweight doesn’t pillow like feel, no scuff.
- Soft collars; flexible cone shape with pliable, plastic stays and adjustable drawstring.
- Dog neckbrace; this no-bite collar limits movement effectively, yet isn’t encumbering like a cone.
- Dog clothes; an easy solution to minor irritations that can be covered up by booties, sweaters, onesies or shorts—trick of the trade.
- Full body armor; for excessive chewers and lickers. Consult your veterinarian for recommendations.
- Anti-lick adhesive strip; all natural ingredients and organic powders these adhesive strips are a quick solution to protecting hot spots.