1. Labrador Retriever – A medium sized dog, sturdy and solid. A gentle friendly dog great for families. They are easy to train and very intelligent and also patient with children. Here’s Wayne with Brody, a 4 mo. old yellow lab puppy.
2. German Shepherd Dog – A very intelligent, high energy dog. They make excellent companion dogs. They have been very popular in law enforcement as police dogs, narcotics dogs and search and rescue. The typical German Shepherd is loyal, dependable and hardworking and loving.
3. Golden Retriever – A great family dog that is wonderfully patient with children. They are highly intelligent and easily trained. They have a very happy, pleasant disposition. They have been used for search and rescue and as guide dogs.
4. Beagle – A smaller, compact sturdy hunting dog that is very eager to please its owner. That is what makes this dog great for families. They are not only great hunters but very comical and will make for many funny moments.
5. Bulldog – This breed has a very interesting appearance with its pushed in face and upturned nose. This is the ideal breed for the family looking for a more laid back, less active dog. They are a wonderfully sweet natured and loveable dog, but be ready for the snoring at night.
MOST POPULAR DOG NAMES IN 2013
Girls Names Boys Names
1. Bella 1. Max
2. Daisy 2. Buddy
3. Lucy 3. Charlie
4. Molly 4. Rocky
5. Sadie 5. Cooper
6. Sophie 6. Duke
7. Lola 7. Bear
8. Chloe 8. Jack
9. Zoey 9. Bentley
10. Maggie 10. Toby
Here’s a snapshot of the top 50 for 201#!