1. A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
2. Dogs do not have an appendix.
3. A pack of kittens is called a kindle, while a pack of adult cats is called a clowder.
4. When dogs kick after going to the bathroom, they are using the scent glands on their paws to further mark their territory.
5. Cats have better memories than dogs. Scientific studies concluded that while a dog’s memory lasts no more than 5 minutes, a cat’s can last as long as 16 hours—exceeding even that of monkeys and orangutans!
6. Using their swiveling ears like radar dishes, experiments have shown that dogs can locate the source of a sound in 6/100ths of a second.
7. Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
8. Dogs have about 1,700 taste buds. Humans have approximately 9,000 and cats have around 473.
9. Cats do not have sweat glands.
10. Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears.